Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Testimony

Well, I've been doing something new this summer. After I've put the kids to bed, I study the Book of Mormon (and I mean study, like take notes- haven't done that since institute), read a conference talk online, and say my prayers. It gives me a good 30-45 min of spiritual upliftment, which we (meaning anyone who's been a part of the summer sale thing) all know is well needed, especially in the summer. And I never thought the busy mom life would be a time that I could do a good 30-45 min of study and ponder and prayer. I could do it before, and I knew I could as the kids got older, so before the summer, I was doing a quick scripture read and prayer and calling it good. But this is so great, and keeps my life balanced. This way I do it before I get to do any crafting, blogging, cooking or sewing. And when I first started I thought because of it, I wouldn't be able to do much of the aforementioned things (which I love doing and save for the summer on the lonely nights waiting for Nathan to come home). But, as I think back,... and look through my blog, I've probably done the most so far this summer then I have the past 2 whole summers combined and it's only June!!!!
It just goes to show that when you put the Lord first in your life, everything else falls into place, and in a better place at that:)
This will become a book this fall, and so I want my testimony in it, as often as I can remember:) I have a testimony of good music. It brings such a sweet spirit to me and my home. And was such a healing agent when my spirits were low or lost during some difficult trials and losses. I remember when my brother died, all I listened to for months was EFY soundtracks and Josh Groban. Then with my mom it was ENYA, delilah on 107.9:), and hymnals. Although I found myself crying at many songs, it brought a peace and it brought the spirit and the confirmation time and time again that Families are forever and that this life on earth is not the end.. by far. I don't think it was a coincidence that my favorite song is Families Can Be Together Forever since I was a 3 year old sunbeam:) I knew the words of that song were true even then.
I have a testimony of prayer. Heavenly Father knows me. He loves me. I feel that through prayer. I feel like I can talk to Him, and he knows just how I am feeling. Jesus Christ loves me. And I'm so grateful that we have the Atonement. I am not perfect, but if I am striving to become that way one day, He will take care of the rest. And let me make mistakes and keep trying. He has felt everything I have felt and more, and for that I have never felt alone.
I have a testimony of tithing. Oh my heavens, how many times we have been saved financially because we paid our tithing first. Now it is so easy for me to write that check. I am glad to do it because we have been blessed so many times when it has been hard to write that check.
I am learning to really love the scriptures. That's why I started this new regime this summer, to really love the scriptures. I know what is in them is true, but I want them to become part of me.
This is all for now, and I feel like I need to say, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

If anyone happens to read this and wants to know more about my religion click here.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

I love that you put down your testimony. What a neat thing for you and your family to always have. I especially love the part where you are talking about striving to be perfect "one day". Not striving each day to be perfect or to reach that, but a whole life effort to get there one day because there are going to be days where we are just plain striving to survive.

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

You are SO AMAZING! I am so glad to be here with you and your cute family this summer. You are such a great example to me...with your bread making, sewing and testimony! You have inspired me to start really studying the scriptures...I was proud of myself for reading every day but I know that I have more time than that! Especially with this terrible weather!! Love ya!

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family