Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Friday, May 7, 2010

This summer...

I'll be using this.....


To be making this........ I've had 3 pieces tonight already:)

I got out my wheat grinder and ground up my very own wheat to make homemade wheat bread, delicious! We are trying something new this summer, making most of our food, so we know how much we use for food storage. So I will be making homemade bread each month, and mostly everything else from scratch:) Should be fun, ...and healthy,... and cheaper too!

Fool Proof Whole Wheat Bread- Lorna
51/2 c warm water
2 T instant yeast
2 T salt
2/3 c oil
2/3 c honey
10-12 cups flour (wheat ground) I'll add 1-2 cups white to make fluffier

Mix all ingredients except yeast and only 5 cups of the flour, then add yeast and rest of flour.
Bake 350* for 35 min, brush with butter
I freeze my loaves- they last months:)
makes 4 lg. loaves

2 comments:

Kevin+Ashley said...

You should post or send your bread recipe! The Bread looks delicious!!!

Da Bergs said...

That is a really cool wheat grinder... where did you get it??

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family