Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome home to you toooooo!!!!!! Seriously!




NO, these pictures are not from something crazy that happened in DC, no, they are not even from our 36 hour travel across the US, they are from our favorite little town of Boise, our first weekend home!
Let's begin this story:
We were out on Saturday night, just pickin' up some good take out food. We had 6 people in the car, so we made 3 different stops, and the last was at Panda Express. Nathan pulls up to the curb, leaves the car running, the remaining 5 of us still in the car; Hailey, Sienna, John Dilgard, September Frogley, and Travis Frogley. There is plenty of room for cars to go around us, if needed. Some cars did. So, John comes out first and walks behind the car as this guy in a 4Runner rolls up behind us. So John waves him to go around us. John is in the car and we are waiting for Nathan and seriously 5 seconds later, this guy starts honking his horn. We all wave him to go around us. Nathan walks out and waves him to go around us as well. Nathan gets in the car hands me his food, the guy behind us backs up his car and revs his enging, I start screaming "he is going to hit us!" Nathan turns his head right as the guy drops his clutch and rams into the back of our car floring the gas and our car lurched forward 5 to 10 feet! I am completely stunned, before I even comprehend that he actually just hit us, Nathan has already gotten out of the car and hits the back of the guys window as this guy had backed up his car again and swerved around our car, almost hitting Nathan, hopping 3 curbs in the parking lot and swerves out onto Fairview. John is already half way across the parking lot, barefoot (can't run fast enough in flip flops), to get his license plate number. All of this, from the time the guy pulled up, hit, and drove off, maximum of 30 seconds, I am not exaggerating, everyone who saw will confirm.
A couple that heard the rev engine and crash and saw him drive away, called the cops. The hostesses from the pizza place right next door saw the whole thing front and center called the cops, and a guy sitting in the parking lot talking on his phone watched the whole thing, and decides to follow the guy. He was just drivin' along, no big deal until he saw someone following him, then he took off. He got the whole License plate. So the cop takes everyone's statements. All 6 of us, shaken up, and a couple hours later, return home to tell the story. About midnight that night, the cop calls us telling us he is booked and in jail. They will be charging him with 6 felony counts of aggrevated assault (for the 6 people in the car), and at least 1 felony count of malicious damage to personal property for our car.
We found out later, that this guy, his late 40's, lives with his parents, doesn't have a job, moved here from Alaska, and when asked by the officer why he did such a thing, replied, "I was mad that he parked there, so I just bumped him a little." Ya, nice bump, more then 5 thousand dollars of damage kind of bump! (we just got our estimtates) Are you kidding me......... who does that!!!!!!!!!!
All I have to say, is, what an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still am in shock every time I think about it. Anyway, it's probably good for him,... and Nathan...and Travis, that he didn't stick around, cause there was Frogley blood boiling in that car as it happened, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to stop what would have happened to that sorry little guy...
But, we are in the middle of getting everything sqared away and no body was hurt, thank goodnes!

THe End

7 comments:

Kelly Merrell said...

Holy Crap! Some people really just are idiots. No other word for it. K, now that you are home, you better start planning your trip to AZ!

Merkley Jiating said...

My dad got hit by a lady who had been waiting at a red light and then suddenly just ran it. When the cops asked her why she said, "I got tired of waiting." Some people are so dumb. I'm really glad none of you got hurt.

Hollie said...

Wow! I can't believe some people. Glad you guys are alright and guy is getting what he deserves.

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

that is so crazy!!! Glad you guys made it back safe and sound and that they caught the guy!

Kaylene said...

OH.MY.HECK. How retarded, glad no one got hurt!

Jolene said...

I couldn't even believe it as I was reading it! Thank goodness you guys are ok....no whiplash? Welcome home?!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that. What an aweful thing for someone to do. I'm so glad they got him and that no one was hurt.

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family