Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Talk about hot, fit mamas!

Two of my sister in laws and I completed an indoor team triathlon last weekend!
The swim was the first leg, that was me, and it was 1/2 mile (FYI: 36 lengths, or 18 laps!)
Booya! 16:39 was my time when I tagged September upstairs on the bike. So I had to get out, towel off, put on my shoes (well boots, it was all I had), and run upstairs. So I figured my real time was 15 and some seconds!
Yes, that is what I wore to run upstairs at the Nampa rec center to tag September. I was doing the swimming, how was I supposed to know that I needed real shoes! :) It made it more fun though:)
Sienna cheered me on with all smiles!
September did the second leg, she biked 10 miles! And she did it in just over 30 minutes! Sweet sally jane, she has some powerful legs to go that fast!
It was fun that it was indoors becasue we could totally cheer on our teammates and keep it going strong! Sisters unite!
Then the final and third leg was the 4 mile run, and Myca conquered! September and I jumped in on the last lap with her, that was fun:) Our mentor, the volunteer who kept our time, is in picture above with the white hat and the cow bell! His name is Fred. He is from Hawaii and came to support his girlfriend in the race who lives in Nampa. That is a real cow bell from Hawaii:) Thanks Fred, and Hang Loose! :)
Myca averaged about an 8 and 1/2 minute mile for 4 whole miles, and she looked beautiful while doing so! Run Forrest run!
So our final time was 1 hour, 23 minutes, and 25 seconds!
We were the only all girl team in our heat, and we placed 5th! Pretty dang good! Shout out to my triathlon-ing sisters!!!!! HOLA! (you have to say this like Ellen DeGeneres does)
(I need to mention that we didn't really think we would even get to do it, we were on a waiting list just to get signed up, so when they told us there was an opening, we only had a few weeks to prepare:)

2 comments:

Rose said...

Way to go!! That looks like so much fun! I cant believe you only had a few weeks to prepare, and did awesome.

Looking forward to living by you guys again Hailey. I miss our talks.

Anonymous said...

what a fun thing to do all together, you girls are so dang cute!!! Way to go! Em

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family