So Taya woke up at 1030 tonight screaming and gasping for air and coughing and crying. Pretty scary stuff, she was weezing so hard I wanted to rush her to the ER. Nathan told me to call the on call nurse at our doctor's office. So I did, and after our conversation, she wanted us to go to the ER. I was panicky, all I could think is oh goodness, my child has asthma! So I stayed home with Sienna and Nathan and Taya went to the ER. Oh my goodness, I couldn't just sit here in the dark, I started cleaning the house and doing the laundry and foliding clothes, I was a nervous wreck because I couldn't be right there by her side. Well I was texting Nathan every 2 minutes, and after an hour or so I got a text saying she has CROUP! Hate to say it, but I was sooo relieved. I did NOT want my little precious girl to have to deal with asthma for the rest of her life. So it is just a virus, that effects the upper respiratory system and constricts around the airway and vocal chords thus causing the coughing and weezing. Because she is still so young, it can be scary and sound very severe. Rarely it does completely cut off the airway, so it can be scary. So they gave her steriods to stop the constriction and some nebulized air. Can't wait to see her when she gets back from the hospital! A late night at the Frogley's. I love this little girl. She is so smart and funny and sweet! Trying to be funny and making jokes. She is a great helper around the house and with Sienna. We love her so, it wouldn't be the same with out her! Love you Taya:)
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
A nervous run to the ER!!!!!!!!!
So Taya woke up at 1030 tonight screaming and gasping for air and coughing and crying. Pretty scary stuff, she was weezing so hard I wanted to rush her to the ER. Nathan told me to call the on call nurse at our doctor's office. So I did, and after our conversation, she wanted us to go to the ER. I was panicky, all I could think is oh goodness, my child has asthma! So I stayed home with Sienna and Nathan and Taya went to the ER. Oh my goodness, I couldn't just sit here in the dark, I started cleaning the house and doing the laundry and foliding clothes, I was a nervous wreck because I couldn't be right there by her side. Well I was texting Nathan every 2 minutes, and after an hour or so I got a text saying she has CROUP! Hate to say it, but I was sooo relieved. I did NOT want my little precious girl to have to deal with asthma for the rest of her life. So it is just a virus, that effects the upper respiratory system and constricts around the airway and vocal chords thus causing the coughing and weezing. Because she is still so young, it can be scary and sound very severe. Rarely it does completely cut off the airway, so it can be scary. So they gave her steriods to stop the constriction and some nebulized air. Can't wait to see her when she gets back from the hospital! A late night at the Frogley's. I love this little girl. She is so smart and funny and sweet! Trying to be funny and making jokes. She is a great helper around the house and with Sienna. We love her so, it wouldn't be the same with out her! Love you Taya:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(193)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (18)
- September (13)
- August (28)
- July (20)
- June (38)
- May (28)
- April (8)
- March (10)
- February (6)
- January (2)
A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!
How to's for everything a good mama needs to know.....
-
-
5 years ago
-
2 years ago
-
2 weeks ago
-
5 years ago
-
8 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
-
-
-
4 days ago
-
-
10 hours ago
-
6 years ago
-
2 months ago
-
6 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
1 week ago
-
4 months ago
Our Friends and Family
-
-
12 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
13 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
-
8 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
2 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
9 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
5 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
14 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
-
-
16 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
14 hours ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
15 years ago
-
-
16 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
14 years ago


3 comments:
Scary... Hope that she feels better soon. Your a trooper!!
OOOOOOoooooooooooooo, poor little thang! Bless her heart!
Oh that makes me so sad!!! Taya is so sweet.... We hope she is better soon. Let us know when she is up for a playdate...
Post a Comment