Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Friday, February 27, 2009

6 YEARS AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN:)

It's been 6 years since my brother, his wife, and their 6 month baby were in a crash caused by a drunk driver that killed Shawn and his baby Sage. I went through all my pictures and found some of my favorites for keepsaking. I like to remember all the fun memories:) This first one is just of Shawn and I waiting at the airport for our exchange Japanese students that would stay with us each summer for a couple weeks.

This is Shawn and I at an EFY that I was going to and he preformed at.

Backpacking in the Sawtooths with our dog Tanner.

Family Reuinion in California. It was a talent show that my family preformed a number by Sonny and Cher. But, like always, the Marti Party keeps on dancing. Shawn and I often jumped out on the dance floor and I let him toss me around:)

This was when I got my Young Women in Excellence award. Can you tell that we like the camera? All you have to say is, "Strike a pose, Vogue..."
Shawn shared with me one of my favorite scriptures which has the acronym S.M.I.L.E. Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal.

Shawn was always showing off his talents doing something, singing, dancing, acting, playing piano. We loved to watch him.

Happy Wedding day. Shawn did well being the center of attention and he loved to share it with his four rockin' hot sisters!

I'm sure this was Shawn's idea to all get in a people chain to slide down the rock water slide, I'll just say it didn't end well and it was FREEZING! Camping was always so fun with Shawn.

Baby Sage and I on halloween. She was a collic-y baby, and she and I had a special bond. When her tummy was upset, I was one of the only ones that could get her to calm down and go to sleep. She loved her aunt Hailey!

Oh I just loved how Shawn loved me. Always lifted my up and made my feel beautiful, even when I looked like this: puffy morning eyes for early skiing, teenager zitty face, and dirty lake water all over me. He thought I was the best and I loved hangin' out with my stud of a brother!

He had such a great sense of Humor. Always wanting to make people laugh and kept his family rolling on the floor. (This was at my sister Natalie's wedding)

Never a dull moment, we never got bored with Shawn around. Always brought a smile to your face, an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, and a big teddy bear of a personality to hug. Loved always, will always be missed. Can't wait to see him and Sage and get one of those big snuggly bear hugs again! I think I miss those the most:) Hugs are good clean fun and make you feel so important and special and loved. Shawn was perfect at hugs! Give someone you love a good hug today! Love you:)

7 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

This is such a nice memorial of him. It is awesome that you two had such a close relationship. I looked his name up online and it says that Sage was buried in his arms. That made me cry. He seems like such a great guy.

Heide Gentry-Kemp said...

That is a fun little memory, and some great pictures! You can tell you guys had a geat bond! Hope that all is well. Heide

Myca said...

It's crazy hailey, but I met Shawn right before he was killed. I remember going to the funeral and the place was PACKED...a true testiment to what an awesome person he was. You really come from an amazing family, and I am glad that I can say you are part of my family now. You Marti's do know how to party...and I love it! Love ya.

Cindy Bigelow said...

hey miss hailey. it's funny...i just stumbled upon your blog via heidi kemp's blog...and i loved this post! i've actually thought a lot about your family this week. you guys are one spectacular group of people! know that all the bigelows love the marti party!

it looks like you and your sweet little family are doing great! you are beautiful, girl. tell your family hello for mine!

Alli Blue said...

Thanks for a great post Hailey! I miss your brother so much. I am so blessed to have been one of his friends. And you are even more blessed to have been his amazing little sister!

Kaylene said...

Great post Hailey. Johnny and I spent the whole evening with Natalie last Friday and it was so great to sit and talk and listen. You have an amazing family, and I know I will forever be touched by Shawn. Thanks for sharing your fun pictures and your testimony.

Melissa said...

That was a sweet post- fun to see pics of your fam and Shawn and learn more about him. He sounds like a blast!

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family