My mountain man arrived approximately Thursday evening at 8:35 pm! and I hope he continues to visit us like this:)
The second we were up in those beautiful mountains, this man was building tents, setting up tent trailers, putting food bags in the river, cooking meals in the outdoors, building fire pits, chopping wood, collecting spring water, whipping out his enormous tarp for the rain, wearing his boots and jeans, having every tool needed packed for everything that happened and for all the unexpected, and really just going all out!!!!! I just sat back and giggled a little bit...... this was a needed trip for my hubby. He wanted to be involved in everything "camping"..... and he had all the energy to do it! I've seen the stress slowly slip away as he gets further and further away from his old crazy schedule of door to door sales. He's more relaxed, more willing to help, making more jokes, and so much fun to be around:)
It was so fun to watch, and I was so impressed with my hubby, and so proud to call him my own!
(He also made a very sweet present for his grandpa! A few years ago, his brothers and dad and grandpa went up to his house and church where he grew up, they are over a hundred years old now. They took one of the window frames, and Nathan painted, and got glass cut to fit it, and put the pictures from their little trip in the window for display. His grandpa was sooo apppreciative, and carried that thing around showing it off to everyone at the reuinion:) It was extra special this year also because his grandpa drove up there this year and it was all torn down. I'm so sad I didn't get a picture, it really turned out amazing, and so glad we packed that window frame with us and all our 10 moves over the last couple years!)
The second we were up in those beautiful mountains, this man was building tents, setting up tent trailers, putting food bags in the river, cooking meals in the outdoors, building fire pits, chopping wood, collecting spring water, whipping out his enormous tarp for the rain, wearing his boots and jeans, having every tool needed packed for everything that happened and for all the unexpected, and really just going all out!!!!! I just sat back and giggled a little bit...... this was a needed trip for my hubby. He wanted to be involved in everything "camping"..... and he had all the energy to do it! I've seen the stress slowly slip away as he gets further and further away from his old crazy schedule of door to door sales. He's more relaxed, more willing to help, making more jokes, and so much fun to be around:)
It was so fun to watch, and I was so impressed with my hubby, and so proud to call him my own!
(He also made a very sweet present for his grandpa! A few years ago, his brothers and dad and grandpa went up to his house and church where he grew up, they are over a hundred years old now. They took one of the window frames, and Nathan painted, and got glass cut to fit it, and put the pictures from their little trip in the window for display. His grandpa was sooo apppreciative, and carried that thing around showing it off to everyone at the reuinion:) It was extra special this year also because his grandpa drove up there this year and it was all torn down. I'm so sad I didn't get a picture, it really turned out amazing, and so glad we packed that window frame with us and all our 10 moves over the last couple years!)


1 comment:
He worked hard on that fire and keeping us warm, thank goodness!
Post a Comment