
I haven't ever really been up Provo canyon to see what they had to offer. So Grandpa Marti took us on an adventure! We started at Nunn's park to roast hot dogs and explore!! The grils found the biggest rolly polly I have ever seen and lady bugs, box elder beetles, feathers, and more!!!









Then we found a turn off for a camp ground, the girls had fallen asleep so we had time to drive up the mountain to check it out, but it was closed, so we went the other way to the scenic overlook of the valley...... it was soooo beautiful...... PLUS, we got a special surprise!!!!...

Some hangliders were just finishing setting up, and we made it just in time to watch them take off!!!
This was will the soft wings/parachute type wings, and she got set up and took off pretty fast. She jumped off the mountain and started floating down, but caught a good "thermal" pocket and up up away she went, so high, at times we couldn't even see her!!!! Way cool!





Then these hard winged gliders were off..... out of the 3, one just glided down and landed, but the other 2 caught "thermals" and flied high in the sky for quite some time! Crazy, I don't know if I ever would have the guts to do this, but it was amazing to watch!


It was a great and beautiful day!!! Thanks grandpa!

No comments:
Post a Comment