I'll always remember spring cleaning at the Marti household.....every spring break, a list was put on the kitchen cupboard, hand written by mom on college-ruled lined paper, and at the end of each duty/task was a box, to check off of course when you successfully completed it! Sometimes they were divided up evenly before we started, but as the years went on, it was first come first serve, and you just had to check off so many boxes before you were considered free of your chores, so if you started first, you got to pick which ones........ because let's face it, there were some definitely more horrendous than others. Whether is was, cleaning the blinds (each and every metal one with cleaner, and when you have 10 ft blinds.... this can take a while), removing cobwebs from our vaulted ceilings with a cloth on the broom, wiping down all the baseboards, going through cupboards in kitchen and bathroom, cleaning windows (inside and out), cleaning out and behind the refigerator, reorganizing and cleaning the bake center, cleaning the microwave and oven....... man our house was spot less at the end of that week!!
BUt anyway, love those memories of younger years..... so when spring arrives, I get my cleaning gloves and am ready to go!!! Luckily we were moving right about that time, so for about 2 weeks, I spring cleaned this house we just moved into and unpacked all our boxes and organized and re-organized, took 15 boxes to D.I., and over the last few weeks continue to find things to take to D.I., and decided to spruce up our throw pillows..... loved how they brighten and update our living room:)
BUt anyway, love those memories of younger years..... so when spring arrives, I get my cleaning gloves and am ready to go!!! Luckily we were moving right about that time, so for about 2 weeks, I spring cleaned this house we just moved into and unpacked all our boxes and organized and re-organized, took 15 boxes to D.I., and over the last few weeks continue to find things to take to D.I., and decided to spruce up our throw pillows..... loved how they brighten and update our living room:)
BEFORE:





No comments:
Post a Comment