Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Recipe: Becky's Whole Wheat Bread!

So I made all our bread all summer long, and it was just really so easy, I'm still doing it and this is my go-to recipe for Whole Wheat Bread, from of course, mom-in-law Becky Frogley!:)

6 c warm water
2/3 c oil
2/3 c honey
4-5 c whole wheat flour
mix for 2 min
2 TBL yeast
mix for 2 min
3-4 c more wheat flour
mix 2 min
2 TBL salt
mix 7-9 min (this is done in my bosch)
add flour until it pulls away clean from the sides (sometimes I'll add a cup or 2 of white four to make it a little more fluffy!)

Spray bread pans, bread, counter/board, and hands with pam, divide and stick right into pans, raise for about 30 min covered.
Bake 375* for 25-30 min
spread butter all over to keep crust soft and moist:)

No comments:

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family