Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A miracle happened this week!!!!


I love my hubby and my kids!!! So glad we are together forever!!!

Some great things that happened this past week!!
went to the Draper temple with hubby
played a flute/piano duet with Hil ..and get to do it again!
found a station that plays Christmas music all day long!
finished sewing my fancy purple dress!!!! (pics to come soon)
found a yummy new recipe for Thanksgiving pie!!!! (pic and recipe to come soon)

BUT we also witnessed a MIRACLE....... so no, it's no spiritaul thing, but it's a miracle for my stress levels and for our little 2 year old:)

Sienna told me she needed to go Potty, went to the bathroom, asked my to leave, and went POTTY ON THE TOILET ALL BY HERSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She has now done number 1 and number 2 all by herself!!!!!!!!

This is just such a big event for us!!!!!!! I've been trying since last Spring!!! She wasn't ready then, took a break, then this summer, we went diaper- less for a WHOLE WEEK, not once did she go in the toilet! She would hold it for hours- too much cleaning up for me, this fall we tried... and failed..... I don't think I was totally full throttle on this occasion. Then this last week we started again. NO diapers, she started telling us she needed to go potty right as she started peeing her pants, better then going to hide, like she did in times before. Then she got most of her poo in the toilet, but we really had to coax her to go pee, turing on warm shower, pouring warm water on her, and she finally did it. Then last night, #2 all by herself in potty, and today # 1 all by herself in the potty. She's only had one accident at night this whole week, whick is awesome!!!!! So she has been very different from Taya, who asked to go potty at 18 months and went and was potty trained by age 20 months! We just could not get Sienna to let go of it on the potty!!!!!! I'm so relieved now that I know she can do it!! She had lots of accidents during the day and we had to rinse her off in shower, which she didn't like and is what I think finally changed her mind!!! BUT BOY oh BOY, she had to do it herself, on her terms:) So glad she did!!!! I am soooooo happy!!!!
We will actually be a family not buying diapers since 4 years ago!!! :) Glad to be saving there for a while!

No comments:

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family