Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

These little hands....



...and mine....have been busy this summer!!!!!
I really tried to do a kid activity everyday!!! I would say it was a success! We had a lot of rainy days, so art was always my girls favorite!!! As I finish up packing tonight, I took down all the art from their walls that we had done. We had some fun and used a lot of materials, but I just couldn't throw these two away with out taking a picture first:)

Other stats for the summer:
This summer I made all my bread.... I didn't buy one loaf of bread for 4 months! I tried to make EVERYTHING from scratch- but really focused on the baking and bread stuff. I learned a lot and it was fun!!! We did this to figure out how much baking stuff we would need for a year supply.Wow!!! We used a lot. Granted it was summer, I was baking like crazy, but still. Just to give myself an idea.

Cups of wheat flour: > 45
(I only know this in cups because I brought a 50 lb bag of wheat grain, which then I ground up myself and used. The wheat after it's ground almost doubles, and I went through almost half the bag of the grain.... )

Buckets of white flour: about 3
(big red storage buckets, holds about a 25 pound bag of flour)

Yeast: 1.5 pounds
(I buy the huge one pound package: saf-instant. Went through 1 and a half of one)

So for a year..... times this all by 3!!!!!

No comments:

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family