Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Whole Wheat Pizza dough

So I've decided to put up my favorite recipes on my blog, so in a year or so, I can go through and just print out a recipe book, with cute pictures and all. So I will be going back through my blog to make sure I put in the recipes of photos of stuff I've made and here is another one.

Mostly Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1 tsp. sugar
1 1/4 cups warm water (105-115F)
1 TBL active dry yeast
1 1/2 c white flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat white flour
1 tsp. salt
3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
dried basil, onion powder, garlic powder for taste in dough

Mic sugar water and yeast, let bubble
Mix flours and salt and spices
Pour yeast mixture into flours and mix for about 5 min in mixer, or knead 10 min by hand
Brush bowl with olive oil, stick dough in it, brush it with oil, (or just spray everything with pam), then cover with saran and let rise about 90 min or more.
Punch down, spread out on "cornmealed" pizza pan, top with sauce, cheese and toppings.
Bake 425 for 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly!

Homemade pizza sauce
1 small can of tomato paste
about 1/2 c water (what ever your desired consistency)
1-2 TBL olive oil
dashes of basil, garlic, onion, and oregano

No comments:

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family