Lorna cam for a long weekend to visit us and Chicago. We headed to the city on Monday, the only day she was here that is didn't down pour, not one little drop!!!! So we saw everything, and I won't be driving into Chicago very many times, so there are lots of pictures! We started at a little park and ate Five Guys burgers and fries and went to the Chicago History Museum.

Illinois, the Land of Lincoln
And yes, that is a real bird that came to say hi and stayed there for our pictures:)

There were bums everywhere in the city. Everywhere, sleeping on the benches, they take their shoes off and snooze away. Or right in the grass or on the cement. Some don't even have shoes! In the first park alone, there were..., let me count... 6! One right here in the far right of the picture, and that's his suitcase at the bottom of the step. One guy asked us to buy him a cup of black coffee, so Lorna did:)







There are a lot of trains here. I don't think I've had to stop for trains more in my entire life, then what I have had to here for only a month.






No comments:
Post a Comment