Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

This is what we were up to last night:)

Wouldn't be able to sleep through that! Yes, the major fire alarm went off. Rose and I were a little frightened, didn't know if we should get our kids out of there cause we couldn't see or smell any smoke. The boys got home in the middle of it all. Turned out, someone just pulled in up on the 3rd floor! But, Nathan and I were actually chastised by a particular feisty fireman. He told us to evacuate the building if it goes off, no matter what. And I quote, " If you don't come out, and there's a fire in there, then it's my job to come in and get you. And my kids want me to come home at night." Yes, sir, I know. I probably should have woken up the girls and gone out. But we really thought someone just pulled it (cause it also happened the night before in another building). If for some reason there was a fire, I would've easily handed my children over the balcony down to rose and climbed down my self- in my defense officer! :) :) :) ANNNNNy who, it was an exciting night.

2 comments:

Alli Blue said...

When the girls were tiny babies and we lived in an apartment on the 3rd floor this would happen at least twice every Saturday. It was the same punk kids every time. I refused to wake the girls up and get them any where near those alarms. I thought for sure it would ruin their hearing!

The Waltz's said...

Last summer the fire alarm went off in our apartments in the middle of the night. At first I just poked my head out and saw and smelled nothing. One minute later I checked again and our hallway was filled with smoke! It was so scary, we were on the 8th floor. So me 5 months pregnant and Bri ran our 3 kids down the stairs as fast as we could...Ash still talks about it sometimes! Lol, it turns out someone on our floor just burnt rice...who knew rice could smoke that much!

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family