Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy 25th!!

My dad and Lorna came into town on Friday! We had Thanksgiving dinner and then on Saturday had a birthday bash for all our November Birthdays!!! So fun when they come into town!..............

Except, while we were driving home, Sienna woke up in the car and threw up!!!! Oh boy!!! Happy Birthday Mommy!!!!
We made a little bed out in the living room for her to sleep, as she was in and out of a feverish slumber all day long Sunday and Monday!

I turned 25, but I think I did 25 loads of laundry from diarrhea and throw up on Sienna and on me and Nathan.
I turned 25, but I think I changed 25 diapers in 2 days!
I turned 25, but I think I tried to get my baby to drink anything 25 times an hour!
I worried that something was really wrong 25 times a day!
Taya asked, "Is Sienna sick?" 25 times
I changed the sheets 25 times
Sienna cried 25 times at night
I rocked her to sleep 25 times
This sickness seems like it has lasted 25 days!!!!!
It may have been my birthday... but the attention was surely on our sick little Sienna!!!
SOOOOOOO glad she is feeling better this evening!


Above may be a tid bit stretch of the truth, but for record keeping, here are the facts. She threw up about 8 times on Sunday, had a fever of 102 with explosive... I mean explosive diarrhea on Monday,(the kind that soaked her whole outfit, her blanket, sheets and pillow- which we had to throw away! And the kind that I could smell from outside her shut door while she was asleep and couldn't quite figure out where the smell was coming from until I opened up her door and was hit right in the face with it! I couldn't believe there was that much liquid even left in her!!!!) whinned and cried and slept all day Tuesday (thankfully fever is gone), and finally took her first bite of food this morning after 3 days.... there is no exaggeration there! She lost a few pounds, and I was beginning she might just wither away. She really didn't eat anything, not even a cracker, for 3 days!!!!
Sure glad this came after thanksgiving! :) We'll hope to have a merrier Christmas weekend!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Oh poor Sienna! It is so horrible when your kids are sick. Glad she is feeling better, and eating again.

Myca said...

So sorry to hear about little miss sienna....and how it over took your birthday :( Happy birthday and we love you tons...seems to be the way things go when you have kids huh?!

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family