and take you back one year ago.
A year ago at this time we were oh soooo poor.
A year ago, Nathan and I were both going to school.
A year ago, I was sick and pregnant throwing up!
A year ago, Nathan was working doing framing and construction.
A year ago, I was watching a girl down the street each afternoon with Taya.
A year ago, we cleaned an office 4 times a week at night, with Taya, an 18 month old.
A year ago, we then woke up at 3:30 am every morning for our paper route (and in case you were wondering, you NEVER get a day off, EVER- not even Christmas!))
A year ago, I was buying Taya's 5 Christmas presents at the dollar spot at Target! :(
A year ago, we bought nothing for each other.
A year ago, our lives were CRAZY!
I don't know how we survived, but we made it. And with all these jobs, you may think we had money, but oh, we did not. I have never been so poor in my life! But somehow we paid our tithing and things always worked out! And now...
Today, I am not prego or throwing up.
Today, Nathan works for a great company and is making enough for our little family.
Today, I don't have to work and get to stay at home with my two little monkeys!
Today, we get to spend our evenings at home together, and our early a.m.s still in bed!
Today, we get to give presents to each other and to our friends and family!:)
Today, our lives are great! And although this blog may seem a little greedy and all about money, it really is a testament of tithing! It works, we are on earth and we all need temporal blessings. Well, when we pay our tithing, we receive those blessings! And now we will be able to give more to those around us, and that makes me, oh so happy!!!!!! :)
Happy Holidays, be grateful, and be generous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2010
(193)
- December (11)
- November (11)
- October (18)
- September (13)
- August (28)
- July (20)
- June (38)
- May (28)
- April (8)
- March (10)
- February (6)
- January (2)
A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!
How to's for everything a good mama needs to know.....
-
-
5 years ago
-
2 years ago
-
2 weeks ago
-
5 years ago
-
8 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
-
-
-
4 days ago
-
-
10 hours ago
-
6 years ago
-
2 months ago
-
6 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
1 week ago
-
4 months ago
Our Friends and Family
-
-
12 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
13 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
-
8 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
2 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
9 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
5 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
14 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
-
-
16 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
14 hours ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
12 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
15 years ago
-
-
16 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
14 years ago

3 comments:
THis is one of my favorite posts i have read in a long time. Thanks for sharing Hailey, I miss our talks and runs. Hope we can see you soon.
I feel the same way! We have had a rough COUPLE of years! Counting our blessings everyday! Glad things are not so pressed for you now! We had a Christmas like that about 2 years ago. I was hitting the dollar store for the girls. Nobody knew our struggles except for our Bishop. When we would wake up in the moring there would be piles of gifts for all of us at our door. EVERY morning. I am not sure who, our how they new, but more than just the presents, we were blessed by the true meaning of Christmas. You are AWESOME!!!! :)
I still can't believe what you were doing this time last year. and you made it! hooray. so glad you could come out! the blessing blanket turned out beautiful! and sienna is so cute. and I have her pants and shirt from a babysitting mix-up (the night we were at the banquet). remind me! love you!
Post a Comment