Check out my new blog: GET YOUR STITCH ON!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hidden Blessings!

Well, we have done our fair share of traveling the past few months, and we are still in for some more. But I was just thinking about it, and what could have been seen as some crazy time postponements, were really a blessing. Some one is watching out for us and knows just exactly what our position is. Let me elaborate...
It was back in June, I had just had baby number 2, and Nathan was coming home to Boise to pick the 3 of us up and drive back to Colorado where Nathan is selling security systems for the summer. Well, as you can imagine, I am so very anxious to see him, he has been away for 6 weeks, except for the fews days he came for the birth, and I am loading the kids up in the car to go to the airport to pick him up. Then we would pack up and start our drive to Colorado. The kids are in the car, and I start the engine... nothing happens... I try again... nothing again. So I start to cry, (still have plenty of those hormones streaming through my body), call Nathan, call my mother-in-law, try to work something out. I am so bummed because now the time to see Nathan is postponed until some one else can go pick him up. So I call my brother Alex, who by the way, mysteriously seems to always be close when I am in trouble, I think Heavenly Father puts big brothers here for just that reason, (side note- I don't know how many times he has come when I locked my keys in the car, or it wouldn't start when we were both at BSU and so many other random moments of need) and sure enough, he is just downtown, just about to drive out to Meridian, but goes to the airport instead. So I got to see Nathan, finally!!! And we had the car checked out by a mechanic who comes to your house just a few weeks earlier. So he was able to come on over and tell us it was the battery, we didn't even have to move the car. So we jumped it, and drove to the store to get a new battery. Remember this was the day we were planning on driving 13 hours to Denver. We could have been stuck in the middle of Wyoming, where, if you have driven through, there is NOTHING! So all this heartache saved us a lot of time and money for the road! Needless to say, we made it here safely.
Next, just two weeks ago we were getting ready to go home for a visit. We came out to the car one morning and the tire was flat! So we took it to the tire store, and come to find out, there was a recall on our tires. So they fixed it for free! And we missed yet another car disaster in the middle of Wyoming.
Thank heavens that the heavens are watching over us! :)

1 comment:

Randi said...

You are definitely blessed. Yah, I hear the after pregnancy emotions are a little unpredictable, but when I went away at the very beginning of the summer for my brother's graduation, I cried at the airport a lot when Aaron dropped me off. And I am not pregnant... yet. It's just hard being away from your best friend. Love you guys!

A quick synopsis of how this little Frogley family began!

Our Friends and Family