
I think Taya is finally realizing all this change is permanent. A new home, a big girl bed, and a new baby sister. So she has gotten a little crazy, thrown a few more tantrums then we would like, and just not been herself these past few weeks. And since I have to deal with her all day by myself, well, lets just say I don't have enough hands for her and a newborn. So we decided to make 'Taya's Obedient Chart". She gets stickers for obeying mom and dad, using soft touches with Sienna, playing nice with other children, going to the bathroom with no help from mom or dad, being a helper, and for staying in bed for naps and at night. Then when she gets 5 stickers she gets a prize that we picked out at the dollar store. So she really seems to enjoy it. I think it makes her feel special and gives her some positive attention that she thinks has been stolen by this new baby. She gets the jist of it now and when I change Sienna's diaper I say "where's my helper?" and she says "I'm a good helper and I get a sticker" and she will take the diaper and throw it away without me having to ask her. So I think it is getting better. Here's a picture of her next to her so beloved chart.

1 comment:
I'm so glad the chart is working for her!
Post a Comment